Friday, September 15, 2006

Lesbians vs Islamism

In the Oct. 21, 2001 Newsweek, Rachel Newman wrote:
"When I was 19, I moved to New York City. . . . If you had asked me to describe myself then, I would have told you I was a musician, an artist and, on a somewhat political level, a woman, a lesbian and a Jew. Being an American wouldn't have made my list. On Sept. 11, all that changed. I realized that I had been taking the freedoms I have here for granted. Now I have an American flag on my backpack, I cheer at the fighter jets as they pass overhead and I am calling myself a patriot."
Ms. Newman discerned clearly that Islamists would happily kill her for being either lesbian or Jewish and that this would be a problem for her. Contrast this with Rosie O'Donnell who claims:
Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America
While both religions may find her lesbianism to be a sin, the "radical Christians" say "love the sinner" and Islamists say behead the sinner. Ms. O'Donnell claims to see the two as the same. Bret Stephens at the Wall Street Journal has observed that it is curious that the left often appears unaware that it has the most to lose in our fight against Islamism. Shrinkwrapped puts this in a psychological perspective.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics